AnaEuropa
9 participantes
Ir a la página : 1, 2  Siguiente
AutorMensaje
AnaEuropa
Maestro/a
AnaEuropa

LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! Empty
MensajeTema: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyLun Sep 19, 2011 9:16 am

Hello everybody!

Here it is the thread to say and do whatever you like but in English. Wink

Última edición por AnaEuropa el Lun Sep 19, 2011 9:24 am, editado 1 vez
tay
V.I.P.
tay

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyLun Sep 19, 2011 9:20 am

¡¡Hi Anaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I was longing for this thread, a loooooooooottt!!! [Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver esa imagen]
AnaEuropa
Maestro/a
AnaEuropa

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyLun Sep 19, 2011 9:23 am

tay escribió:
¡¡Hi Anaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I was longing for this thread, a loooooooooottt!!! [Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver esa imagen]

And you´ve seen it very soon, little bird!

You have eyes like an eagle. You spot everything.

If I know how to do it, I will upload a morning video to start this thread with humor.
Good morning, beautiful! Wink
AnaEuropa
Maestro/a
AnaEuropa

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyLun Sep 19, 2011 9:31 am

AnaEuropa
Maestro/a
AnaEuropa

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyMar Sep 20, 2011 11:34 am

TWO MEN.

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room.
One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs.
His bed was next to the room's only window.

The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back.
The men talked for hours on end.
They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation.

Every afternoon, when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.
The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and colour of the world outside.
The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake.
Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every colour and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite details, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine this picturesque scene.

One warm afternoon, the man by the window described a parade passing by.
Although the other man could not hear the band - he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days, weeks and months passed.
One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep.

She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.
As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside.
He strained to slowly turn to look out the window besides the bed.

It faced a blank wall.

The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window.

The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall.

She said, 'Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you.'
Haya
Experto/a
Haya

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyMar Sep 20, 2011 11:43 am

YES, I do. [Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver esa imagen]
AnaEuropa
Maestro/a
AnaEuropa

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyMar Sep 20, 2011 12:18 pm

Haya escribió:
YES, I do. [Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver esa imagen]

Yes, you do what, Haya? Wink

Do you speak English? did you understand the story about the two men?
Haya
Experto/a
Haya

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyMar Sep 20, 2011 1:01 pm

The nurse is wonderful. [Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver esa imagen]
tay
V.I.P.
tay

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyMar Sep 20, 2011 1:17 pm

You made me move, Ana. What a touching story, and how much feeling can emerge between two strangers who share just only the disease and a room without views... [Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver esa imagen]

Congratulations!! I liked it!! Wink
AnaEuropa
Maestro/a
AnaEuropa

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyMar Sep 20, 2011 1:47 pm

tay escribió:
You made me move, Ana. What a touching story, and how much feeling can emerge between two strangers who share just only the disease and a room without views... [Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver esa imagen]

Sure you like it, Tay.

I thought about your husband. You told he is blind and sure he would do a thing like that if you were in the place of the other man, wouldn´t he? Wink
tay
V.I.P.
tay

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyMar Sep 20, 2011 2:13 pm

AnaEuropa escribió:
tay escribió:

Sure you like it, Tay.

I thought about your husband. You told he is blind and sure he would do a thing like that if you were in the place of the other man, wouldn´t he? Wink

Just not already, cause life spins...

But, But I remember once I was in bed recovering from surgery, and asked him to bring me a towel to dry the sweat of my back. It was very hot. He took a long time coming back, He said it was too difficult for him to find the towel in the closet. He helped me sit up in bed, and carefully washed my back with a sponge and wiped me. He was doing it several times during the evening and night. The next morning he went to work, and my maid came. I told her to put the towel in the washing machine. And She said, What towel?. Here there is only one long sleeve polo. I saw it, and it was the polo last night he was wearing ... and had used for drying my back. I could had no argument wth him. He wasn't simply able to find the towel in the closet...
AnaEuropa
Maestro/a
AnaEuropa

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyMar Sep 20, 2011 8:36 pm

tay escribió:
AnaEuropa escribió:
tay escribió:

Sure you like it, Tay.

But, But I remember once I was in bed recovering from surgery, and asked him to bring me a towel to dry the sweat of my back. It was very hot. He took a long time coming back, He said it was too difficult for him to find the towel in the closet. He helped me sit up in bed, and carefully washed my back with a sponge and wiped me. He was doing it several times during the evening and night. The next morning he went to work, and my maid came. I told her to put the towel in the washing machine. And She said, What towel?. Here there is only one long sleeve polo. I saw it, and it was the polo last night he was wearing ... and had used for drying my back. I could had no argument wth him. He wasn't simply able to find the towel in the closet...

Simply: WONDERFUL, Tay.

Good men do it and much more. My husband would have done the same. And I am sure he will do if I ever need it. Lots of times he tells me he would give his life for me.

But....I don´t understand what you tell me at the beginning.

Better we talk about it by MP.
tay
V.I.P.
tay

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyMar Sep 20, 2011 8:46 pm

AnaEuropa escribió:
tay escribió:
AnaEuropa escribió:
tay escribió:

Sure you like it, Tay.

Simply: WONDERFUL, Tay.

Good men do it and much more. My husband would have done the same. And I am sure he will do if I ever need it. Lots of times he tells me he would give his life for me.

But....I don´t understand what you tell me at the beginning.

Better we talk about it by MP.

Yes, it's better...
Haya
Experto/a
Haya

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyMiér Sep 21, 2011 1:00 pm

Hola Ana, es una historia preciosa, la verdad es que para saltarse las lágrimas. Traduzco lo que puedo, no manejo el inglés como tú, pa que te voy a decir otra cosa. [Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver esa imagen]
Mely TTa
V.I.P.
Mely TTa

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyMiér Sep 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Two really beautiful and moving stories, they show that love can overcome the limitations. In the first case of solidarity and compassion for an unknown man make this a wonderful human being. Tay not enough words to describe your husband, but that act of love proves a lot, you're really lucky to have him on your side, this love knows no barriers
Agua
Maestro/a
Agua

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyJue Sep 22, 2011 8:42 am

Hi!.cheers

I´m sorry, but i have to speak english every day.

I prefer to speak spanish so... i´ll never forget!!.

But... Good morning!! Wink
AnaEuropa
Maestro/a
AnaEuropa

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyJue Sep 22, 2011 9:17 am

Haya escribió:
Hola Ana, es una historia preciosa, la verdad es que para saltarse las lágrimas. Traduzco lo que puedo, no manejo el inglés como tú, pa que te voy a decir otra cosa. [Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver esa imagen]

Hello, Haya!

Don´t worry about it. The important thing is to persevere and do your best to improve it.

See you! Wink
AnaEuropa
Maestro/a
AnaEuropa

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyJue Sep 22, 2011 9:21 am

Agua escribió:
Hi!.cheers

I´m sorry, but i have to speak english every day.

I prefer to speak spanish so... i´ll never forget!!.

But... Good morning!! Wink

Hello, Agua.

Just the same as me.

Have a nice day! Wink

AnaEuropa
Maestro/a
AnaEuropa

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyJue Sep 22, 2011 9:28 am

A PLANE TAKING OFF

A plane was taking off from Kennedy Airport. After it reached a comfortable cruising altitude, the captain made an announcement over the intercom, "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Welcome to Flight Number 293, non-stop from New York to Los Angeles. The weather ahead is good and, therefore, we should have a smooth and uneventful flight. Now sit back and relax - OH, MY GOD!"

Silence followed, and after a few minutes the captain came back on the intercom and said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am so sorry if I scared you earlier; but, while I was talking, the flight attendant brought me a cup of coffee and spilled the hot coffee in my lap. You should see the front of my pants!"

A passenger in the plane said, "That's nothing. He should see the back of mine
Haya
Experto/a
Haya

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyJue Sep 22, 2011 5:20 pm

[Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver esa imagen]
Mely TTa
V.I.P.
Mely TTa

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyJue Sep 22, 2011 5:53 pm

AnaEuropa escribió:
A PLANE TAKING OFF

A plane was taking off from Kennedy Airport. After it reached a comfortable cruising altitude, the captain made an announcement over the intercom, "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Welcome to Flight Number 293, non-stop from New York to Los Angeles. The weather ahead is good and, therefore, we should have a smooth and uneventful flight. Now sit back and relax - OH, MY GOD!"

Silence followed, and after a few minutes the captain came back on the intercom and said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am so sorry if I scared you earlier; but, while I was talking, the flight attendant brought me a cup of coffee and spilled the hot coffee in my lap. You should see the front of my pants!"

[Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver esa imagen]
Tatsumaru
V.I.P.
Tatsumaru

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyJue Sep 22, 2011 6:58 pm

AnaEuropa escribió:
A PLANE TAKING OFF

An uncomfortable brownie... Laughing
AnaEuropa
Maestro/a
AnaEuropa

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyDom Sep 25, 2011 1:23 am

Tatsumaru escribió:
AnaEuropa escribió:
A PLANE TAKING OFF

An uncomfortable brownie... [Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver esa imagen]

Very, very uncomfortable...and smelly as well, Wink
AnaEuropa
Maestro/a
AnaEuropa

MensajeTema: MERRY CHRISTMAS FOR THE ROYAL NAVY SAILORS   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptySáb Dic 10, 2011 12:20 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS FOR THE ROYAL NAVY SAILORS! Wink

Royal Navy sailors who became an internet sensation with their rendition of
a Mariah Carey Christmas classic have arrived home to greet their loved
ones.

Watch the full video featuring the HMS Ocean sailors
above. It has has been watched more than 700,000 times on YouTube.

The video. It is great! Wink

[Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver este vínculo]
tay
V.I.P.
tay

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! EmptyVie Dic 16, 2011 8:25 pm

Wink santa

Contenido patrocinado

MensajeTema: Re: LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!   LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH! Empty

LET´S SPEAK ENGLISH!
Página 1 de 2.Ir a la página : 1, 2  Siguiente